Thursday, January 16, 2014

Why Vibratory Healing?

For many years I taught classes on the Reiki method of healing. Through the grace of God and through daily meditations, attempting to contact Him and attune to His will, this course on Vibratory Healing has come to replace the Reiki method, which I used to practice and teach.

The methods are very similar in ways but there are some vital differences – one being that the client and practitioner tend to have more passive roles in Reiki healing, whereas with Vibratory Healing methods, the very opposite is true – both parties are a vital part of the healing process.


I have come to understand that it takes great energy and magnetism to be a true healer (one who helps support the healing process of others). Paramhansa Yogananda says: “Healing depends on the power of the healer and the receptivity of the patient.”

I still feel that Reiki is a wonderful stepping stone on anyone's spiritual journey. I believe it is what prepared me for where I am now and I'm eternally grateful for the entire journey.


Some of the other key differences that I want to point out between Vibratory Healing and Reiki:

Lineage - It has never sat well with me that there is some level of hierarchy within the Reiki world. For those who have paid $10,000 for their training, there is a thought that they have the "real Reiki" and everyone else has the knock off. 

Attunements - I've always given attunements with the thought that God is the one attuning the person and that the real attunement comes from the practitioner and receiver tuning in to the Divine.

Symbols - I think symbols hold the power we give them. Therefore, someone who holds the Reiki symbols sacred and uses them with reverence will have powerful results. However, I also believe that symbols like the cross and Aum are extremely effective - maybe more so for a person born and raised with them as symbols for the Divine. 

Affirmations, Chanting, Prayer - These are not traditional aspects of Reiki, whereas they are essential parts of Vibratory Healing.

Paramhansa Yogananda - Vibratory Healing is based completely on the teachings of this great Indian master. My personal opinion is that Usui Sensei was a great man who brought a wonderful system of healing to the world. Paramhansa Yogananda is a God-realized soul who came to bring liberation and enlightenment to the world. The healing techniques he brought were ultimately for that purpose - the healing of soul ignorance.


So these are a few of my initial thoughts and my process behind switching from Reiki to Vibratory Healing. I feel very good about this change and hope you enjoy this system of healing as much as I do!

For more information about Vibratory Healing, click here to check out the home study course available through Yogananda Institute.

No comments: